Using EM/5, ServiceNow customers can experience a working DCIM solution in a matter of hours.
Santa Clara, CA, February 13, 2015 (Newswire.com) - Tier44 Technologies, Inc. the leading Holistic Data Center Management solutions provider for data centers, today announced it has received certification of its integration with ServiceNow. Certification by ServiceNow signifies that EM/5 has successfully completed a set of defined tests focused on integration interoperability, security and performance. The certification also ensures best practices are utilized in the design and implementation of EM/5’s integration with ServiceNow.
EM/5 is a complete, hosted data center monitoring solution, which brings real-time and historical metrics to ServiceNow customers, with the ability to leverage existing asset databases, dramatically cutting the time and expense traditionally experienced in deploying a Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) solution.
"Using EM/5, ServiceNow customers can experience a working DCIM solution in a matter of hours, demonstrating value in just a few days," said Clemens Pfeiffer, president and CEO, Tier44 Technologies. "The significant time and expense traditionally associated with deploying a DCIM solution is virtually eliminated, removing the biggest barrier to DCIM adoption."
In addition to simplicity of deployment, EM/5’s certified integration with ServiceNow introduces advancements in ease-of-use, metric aggregation, mobility and navigation. Key features include:
- ServiceNow Integrated GUI - EM/5 presents information in the ServiceNow user interface. For example, a simple click on a ServiceNow asset instantly displays the relevant live metrics, while an EM/5 menu section gives access to graphical map, plan and views, with features such as drill-down navigation and status indication.
- Real-time Measurements – EM/5 collects, manages and analyzes real-time measurement data from facilities and IT equipment across data centers, turning it into useful business information for making decisions in real time about improving efficiency, capacity and performance of the data center. All data collection is done using virtual out-of-band monitoring appliances without the need of installing software on any of the customer equipment.
- Aggregations - EM/5 allows collections of metrics from any source to be combined, displayed and stored as a stand-alone metric, such as aggregating power metrics from each rack in a given row or from all the devices used for a particular application. Aggregations are unlimited, can be built in a hierarchy, and are ideal for chargebacks and analysis.
- Alerting – Based on the data collected, EM/5 can generate alerts, notify users and administrators and automatically create appropriate trouble tickets within ServiceNow.
- Smartphone App – By simply scanning the asset tag barcode of a particular device, users can immediately see its live metrics on their smartphone. This feature helps onsite people to verify the status of equipment prior to performing maintenance activities.
- Asset Synchronization - EM/5 automatically synchronizes with ServiceNow configuration items, avoiding the need for manual entry or updating. Synchronization is fully configurable, both in the selection of items to be replicated and for the transform of individual fields. Customer definable templates allow common fields to be pre-populated for a given asset configuration.
About Tier44 Technologies (www.tier44.com)
Tier44 Technologies is a leading developer of Data Center Management software for large enterprises, government agencies, and managed service providers. Tier44's solutions provide visibility, intelligence, analytics and automation to help CIOs, IT directors, and facilities managers to dynamically optimize capacity, and manage service levels and power consumption within and across data centers. Headquartered in Santa Clara, CA, the company is privately held.
Tier44, PAR4, EM/4 and EM/5 are trademarks of Tier44 Technologies, Inc. All other product names and references remain the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Tier44 Technologies, Inc.
Ron Santa Elena